We are the Bright Futures Faith Based Partner for Soaring Heights Elementary School. There are a couple of ways to get involved.
Bright Futures Lunch PALS
The Bright Futures Lunch PALS program pairs a caring adult with an elementary student who needs a positive role model in his/her life. It also brings another caring person into the life of a child and offers children the opportunity to have adult friends. The program is simple: adult volunteers commit to having lunch with a student once a week for 30 minutes. After lunch there is time (if you choose) to read a book, play a board game, or just talk. The one-on-one relationship that develops between the student and adult often makes a profound difference in a child’s life.
TREK (Together Reaching Every Kid) can give students the extra help they need by bringing a devoted and caring individual into a child’s life. As a TREK volunteer, you share one-on-one time with a child once a week for an hour after school. By meeting with the same student every week, you will have the opportunity to build a personal relationship with a child and share in his or her learning process. As a TREK volunteer, you commit one hour a week, from 3-4 p.m., at Soaring Heights Elementary school to help a student work on reading and writing.
TREK Volunteer Application Form
Bright Futures Friends [Bright Futures Friends]
Middle school can be tough. It’s a transitional time period in a student’s life physically, emotionally and mentally. Positive role models who are willing to spend time listening and sharing can help students achieve and succeed. Bright Futures Friends do just that: they listen, share and help mentor students by spending an hour with them each week at East Middle School.
As a Bright Futures Friend you…
- Provide one hour serving as a positive mentor each week for a middle school student at the school.
- Attend a training session to help you learn more about the BFF program and how to be a positive mentor for a student.
- Have the opportunity to attend additional school activities with the student if you choose.
- Get to know a really cool kid who may not have a positive influence in his or her life.
- Show someone that you care and that success in life is possible and achievable.
Our schools are always looking for volunteers! Below are just a few of the opportunities:
- Bright Futures Site Councils
- Parents serving in classrooms for school parties
- And, more
In order to serve in a one-on-one capacity with students, you will need to complete the information for a background check. Those who will not be working alone with students and will be supervised by school personnel at all times will not be required to complete this portion.